We welcome your involvement in your child’s education. We need your help to ensure that your child makes the most of their time at Cyril Jackson.
We have clear expectations for each age group about the amount of homework set. A copy of the homework policy can be made available to you. This will answer any questions you may have about your child’s homework. Please ask your child’s teacher if you need any further advice.
Please can you ensure that you are reading with your child for 15 minutes each day and completing the reading journal with comments.
Attend parents’ meetings
We arrange a number of meetings throughout the year so that you can meet with us. These include:
- termly parent/teacher interviews when you can discuss your child’s progress;
- parental workshops to support your child.
It is vital that you attend these meetings
Termly newsletters provide information about class topics and current and future events at Cyril Jackson. They are aimed to help parents/carers provide support for learning at home.
Parents can always find out more about our school by viewing this website.
Please follow our year group twitter accounts for regular updates of what the children have been up to, along with important information shared on the school CJ account.
- About the School
- Academy Consultation 2019
- Academy Consultation 2020
- Admission and Transfer Procedure
- After School Club
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Breakfast Club
- Calculation Guides
- Child Health
- Child Protection
- Children with Special Education Needs
- Curriculum Overview
- Data Protection (GDPR) and Freedom of Information
- Dealing with grief during lockdown
- End of Year Expectations
- Equality Compliance Information
- Exceptional Facilities
- Home-School Partnership
- How you can help the school
- If Your Child Has Coronavirus Symptoms
- Inclusion for Disabled Pupils
- Ofsted Report
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parent Workshops
- Prospective Parents Virtual Tour
- Pupil Premium
- Remote Education
- Returning to School in September 2020
- School Goals
- School Meals and Healthy Eating
- School Uniform
- Sports Premium Funding
- Supporting Children Returning to School
- Transferring to Secondary School
- Useful Information
- Useful Leaflets
- Vision and Values
- Visiting our School
- Who's Who at CJ