Cyril Jackson is an inclusive school which is fully accessible for disabled children, parents/carers and staff. All entrances and exits have wheelchair access; there are lifts to upper floors and disabled access lavatories with shower facilities in all buildings. Convenient on-site visitor parking is available and there are plans and policies to ensure equality of provision for all children, regardless of race, religion or ability.
All pupils have access to the school’s excellent facilities, which include:
- colourful, light and stimulating classrooms fitted with interactive whiteboards and audio equipment;
- an ICT suite;
- six laptop trolleys, each containing 30 laptops, for use in class;
- an interactive and content rich website, updated regularly;
- a mobile phone app for both Android™ and iPhone/iPad use;
- a virtual learning platform;
- a beautiful nature garden and wildlife pond (containing rare plants and newts);
- an outdoor ‘classroom’;
- two spacious assembly halls with outstanding audio, visual and lighting equipment;
- a multi-use games area;
- a herb and produce garden;
- one well-stocked library;
- a variety of smaller rooms for 1 to 1/small group work;
- two landscaped and well-resourced gardens for the Foundation Stage;
- two good-sized outdoor play areas with play equipment and climbing apparatus;
- access to off-site swimming for Year 5
The school also provides the following facilities for pupils with additional needs:
- a newly refurbished classroom with kitchen and outdoor space for pupils with communication difficulties in the Foundation Stage/Key Stage One;
- a Sensory Occupational Therapy room;
- access to an off-site hydrotherapy pool.
- access to an off-site soft play facility.