The policy and arrangements for admission to the school are set out in the Local Authority's school admissions booklet 'Starting School in Tower Hamlets', which can be accessed on the Tower Hamlets website.
A paper copy can be obtained from the Local Authority's Pupil Admissions Team on 020 7364 5006.
Cyril Jackson has 60 Nursery part time places available.
Part time (morning) sessions run from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm.
Full time sessions run from 9:00am until 3:30pm
Part time Nursery places are offered without charge. Full time places are available to those who qualify for the 30 free hours scheme. If you are not eligible for 30 hour funding, and wish to pay for an afternoon place, this is charged at £25.50 per afternoon and invoiced at the beginning of each term.
We will try our best to meet parental preferences for full or part time places, however, if demand exceeds availability for preferences, we will use the below criteria to allocate places accordingly.
You must Make an online application for a reception place, even if your child is already attending the school's nursery.
You must apply via the e-admissions portal. Closing date for making applications is 15 January 2021.
Priorities for admission after 5 years of age:
- Children Looked After by the local authority, including adopted children who were previously looked after and children who leave care under a special guardianship or residence order.
- Children for whom it is deemed there is strong medical or social reason to attend the school applied to.
- Children living within the catchment area of the school who have a sibling attending the school (including the school of a separate infants and junior schools) and who will continue to do so on the date of admission.
- Children whose parent is a member of staff who has been employed at the school concerned for two or more years at the time of application and/or children of a member of staff who has been recruited to fill a vacancy for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
- Children who live within the catchment area of the school and for whom the school applied for is their nearest community school within the catchment area.
- Other children from within the catchment area of the school.
- Children living outside of the catchment area with a sibling at the school.
- Children living outside of the catchment area of the school.
If you are unsuccessful in your bid for a place in the Reception or older classes, you have the right to appeal. Appeal forms are available from the school office.
During the Autumn Term, parents of children in their final year at Cyril Jackson will receive information about transferring to a secondary school the following September. A parents/carers session is also arranged for the end of Year 5 to explain necessary procedures.
The policy and arrangements for admission to the school are set out in the Local Authority's school admissions booklet 'Starting School in Tower Hamlets'. A paper copy can be obtained from the Local Authority's Pupil Admissions Team on 020 7364 5006.
- About the School
- Academy Consultation 2019
- Academy Consultation 2020
- Admission and Transfer Procedure
- After School Club
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Breakfast Club
- Calculation Guides
- Child Health
- Child Protection
- Children with Special Education Needs
- Coronavirus Help and Information
- Curriculum Overview
- Data Protection (GDPR) and Freedom of Information
- Dealing with grief during lockdown
- End of Year Expectations
- Equality Compliance Information
- Exceptional Facilities
- Home-School Partnership
- How you can help the school
- If Your Child Has Coronavirus Symptoms
- Inclusion for Disabled Pupils
- Ofsted Report
- Parent Teacher Association
- Parent Workshops
- Prospective Parents Virtual Tour
- Pupil Premium