The policy and arrangements for admission to the school are set out in the Local Authority's school admissions booklet 'Starting School in Tower Hamlets', which can be accessed on the Tower Hamlets website.
A paper copy can be obtained from the Local Authority's Pupil Admissions Team on tel: 020 7364 5006.
With the recent changes to Nursery places in the borough, Cyril Jackson has 48 full-time and 24 part-time places available. We will try our best to meet parental preferences for full or part time places and, if part time, a morning or afternoon place. However, if demand exceeds availability for preferences, we will use the above criteria to allocate places accordingly.
Morning sessions run from 9:00 am until 12:00 pm
Afternoon sessions run from 12:30 pm until 3:30 pm
All Nursery places, full and part time, are offered without charge.
Priorities for admission after 5 years of age:
- Children looked after by a Local Authority (children in care).
- Children for whom there is an identified special need - educational, social, emotional, physical or medical.
- Sisters or brothers of children already attending Cyril Jackson, provided they live within 1.5 miles of the school.
- Children who live closest, measured by the shortest walking distance.
If you are unsuccessful in your bid for a place in the Foundation Two (Reception) or older classes, you have the right to appeal. Appeal forms are available from the school office.
During the Autumn Term, parents of children in their final year at Cyril Jackson will receive information about transferring to a secondary school the following September. A parents/carers session is also arranged for the end of Year 5 to explain necessary procedures.
The policy and arrangements for admission to the school are set out in the Local Authority's school admissions booklet 'Starting School in Tower Hamlets', which can be accessed at www.towerhamlets.gov.uk/schooladmissions. A paper copy can be obtained from the Local Authority's Pupil Admissions Team on tel: 020 7364 5006.
Years 1 to 6
If you have just moved to the area with children of school age, please contact Pupil Services at Tower Hamlets Pupil Admissions Team, 020 7364 5006.
All other admissions are coordinated centrally through that office. However, parents/carers can state a preference for where their child is placed.
Children with Statements of SEN
For children with a Local Authority Statement of Special Educational Needs, parents must contact the SEN Department at LB of Tower Hamlets, Mulberry Place, 5 Clove Crescent, London E14 2BG, requesting a place.
- Academy Consultation 2019
- Academy Consultation 2020
- Admission and Transfer Procedure
- After School Club
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Breakfast Club
- Calculation Guides
- Child Health
- Child Protection
- Children with Special Education Needs
- Coronavirus Help and Information
- Curriculum Overview
- Data Protection (GDPR) and Freedom of Information
- Dealing with grief during lockdown
- End of Year Expectations